The team at SouthWest Ag Services, Inc. has collectively more than 85 years of experience. We know that when a grower’s income is stable, the economy of the rural community is stable. The peace of mind gained from having accurate record keeping, exceptional service, and trusted advice is truly priceless. Our team is 100% certified and licensed and is 100% actively involved in farming and ranching.
Jan Jackson, who has 31 years in the industry, is also a producer who farms wheat, canola, corn, alfalfa, cotton and has a cow/calf herd. She is known for her ability to analyze the Federal Crop Insurance guidelines, interpret revisions to the farm bill and policy, and advise producers to meet their operations’ needs. She is a trusted and expert advisor to small, medium and large farming operations. She and her team believe in the safety net that insurance provides to farmers, but under the guidelines of matching policy to need.
“We become knowledgeable about our customers’ operations to keep them informed of changes or products to meet their needs.”
Interesting Facts About Jan
- Attended Texas Tech University on a horse judging scholarship – was on the team that won the All-American Quarter Horse Congress
- TelCot Operator with Plains Cotton Coop
- Spent 8 years working for the largest cotton firm in the United States
- Has been a partner with her dad in farming operation since 1984, which became the foundation of the farm/ranch operation today
- Represented Cotton Buyers before the House and the Senate to create the Central Filing System for Agriculture Liens
- Competitive team roper
- Enjoys photography and art, and has been known to be a “dog whisperer”, taking in and caring for dogs
- Most proud of her two sons, the late Brent Varner and Jake Fillmore
Jake Fillmore, certified agent and partner, has been in the business since 2011, and owns his own cow/calf operation. Jake is a graduate of Cameron University and has grown up in the business supporting data management needs, interpreting and quoting policies, and advising farmers/ranchers with the protection they need. He has been actively farming since 2010 and has become a trusted advisor to area producers. He remains up to date on technology advances and specializes in helping young farmers and ranchers with the benefits available to them. In 2020, he and his wife Blair Testerman made their home near Davidson. Together, they enjoy doing farming life together along with their host of dogs and horses. They enjoy returning to her family farming operation near Hollis to help seasonally with wheat and cotton.
“We are diligent in analyzing new programs and policies to help our producers in managing their risk. We stay current on the latest agriculture changes to be a resource to our farmers.”
Interesting Facts About Jake
- Been a managing partner in the farming and cattle operation since 2010
- Enjoys planting and haying forage to sustain the cattle needs of the family farm
- Began college career on the judging team at Redlands Community College
- Has served as a certified Firefighter for the Altus Fire Department
- Enjoys roping with mom and friends, farming and ranching, cooking, dogs, and playing pool
- Most proud of his wife and family, colleagues and investing in kids that look up to him
- Wintertime he can be found crane hunting and duck hunting
- Mentors’ young kids on gun safety and shooting sports
Maurissa Buchwald, certified agent, recently joined the business but has a longstanding history of agricultural involvement. She grew up in her family’s farming operation in Tillman County to produce cotton, wheat, milo and corn and was active in showing cattle. Today, she and her husband live south of Lawton with their two boys who attend Chattanooga school. They enjoy raising them in the Angus cattle business near the family farm and in the show cattle industry. She holds a Master’s degree in Business Administration, has more than 20 years of professional experience and combines this with her agricultural knowledge to assist farming and ranching families with their needs.
“We are a team of farmers/ranchers that know the stakes are high in today’s economic conditions. We want to help producers make sound decisions to protect their operations and their family’s future.”
Interesting Facts About Maurissa
- Started driving a tractor before turning double digits
- Certified grain grader working summers for Cassidy Grain Co. during high school
- 10 years in the franchising industry, becoming a Director of Sales
- Worked with a team of Clydesdale horses and trainers for marketing and promotional events
- Enjoys cooking, feeding cows and working with her sons and their show heifers
- Enjoys driving the tractor to plant or being the grain cart driver on the family farm as needed
Daci Baker, certified agent, recently joined the SouthWest Ag team. She comes from a farming and ranching background in southwest Oklahoma. After graduating from Oklahoma State University with a degree in agribusiness, she moved to the Mountain Park/Snyder area with her husband, Miles Baker. Together they share a passion for cattle and horses. Her previous experience working for an industry leading organization that provides reproductive technologies to extend genetics for livestock breeders helps her provide unique guidance to our customers who have livestock insurance needs. In addition, her background helps her connect with farmers and ranchers to assist in evaluating their crop insurance plan.
“I enjoy being part of a team that holds customer service to the highest standard to impact farmers, ranchers and livestock owners. Our combined experience plus continued drive to utilize technology make us extremely efficient and accurate in taking care of your needs.”
Interesting Facts About Daci
- Previous experience working with the nation’s leading organization for cattle genetics
- Absolutely loves dogs, she’s known as the “dog fanatic” around her farm
- Learning to rope with her husband, she heads and he heels
- Enjoys cooking, reading and helping train horses for roping competitively
- Served on an Advocacy Board at Oklahoma State University to inform the public on the importance of Agriculture
- Owner of Baker Clothing Co., enjoys working with others to find cost effective latest trends in fashion to meet the rustic cowgirl needs
Quinn Spraggins, recently joined the SouthWest Ag team to lead the FSA Programs Support & Consulting service line. She has more than six years of experience working for a county Farm Service Agency combined with over 15 years of experience in production agriculture, financial management, human resources, and customer service. She attended Black Hawk College and was a member of the livestock judging team. A Tillman county native, today Quinn is actively involved in farming and ranching through her family’s registered and commercial cow/calf operation and farming operation. She is responsible for comprehensive records management on the cow/calf production, performance, health, and financial data. In her spare time, she enjoys watching her niece compete in skeet shooting and her nephew race on the dirt track. Remaining close to family is important to Quinn and she enjoys the shared responsibility of maintaining her grandparents homestead near Indiahoma, OK.
“I enjoy learning and interpreting farm program policy to help producers with the farm programs offered through USDA. I am passionate about helping producers make sound decisions to maintain compliance with the government programs and obtain financial assistance to help sustain their operations.”
Interesting Facts About Quinn
- Enjoys the Simmental breed of cows and manages her owner cowherd independent of her family’s operation
- Invests in an embryo program to advance herd for sound breeding and genetics in the Simmental breed
- Recognized by Texas A&M for excellent breeding program
- Known for her decorating abilities
- Aunt is the role she plays and loves in her family. Her niece and nephew are at the heart of what she loves from watching her niece at shooting competitions to her nephew on the dirt track.